Having Trouble Picking Out The Best Ear Wash For Dogs?
I know there’s tons of different ones out there, so I know what that’s like.
That’s why I thought I’d do my best to help you out in deciding on what regular ear wash would work best for your canine pal.
These are ones I’d use for healthy, not infected ears. These can usually be used weekly or sometimes even more often as a regular part of grooming.
*Affiliate Disclaimer – Please note there may be affiliate links below… The DogBunker.com is an Affiliate of many products promoted on this website and may earn a commission if you purchase one through any links here, at no extra cost to you. *Read full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Reviews of Dog Ear Wash Products
Use the links above to go directly to each review or just scroll down to read each one.
Price: Check Prices on Amazon
Average Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars *
Size: 4 oz.
374 880 (update 04-02-2016) customer reviews found on Amazon as of the date of this review.
This dog ear cleaner or wash is used for regular cleaning and according to directions it is used for cleaning non-infected ears.
- Gentle on ears
- Easy to apply
- Light, pleasant fragrance
- Overuse may cause ears to dry out too much
- Contains Benzyl Alcohol, so it may feel like it’s “burning” if your dog has been scratching its ears
- Some complaints of both too strong smelling and not enough fragrance
If you’re looking for something to use to clean your dog’s ears then I’d give this a try since most others seem to think very highly of it. This product is not for use to get rid of ear infection, it is for regular cleaning to remove dirt and wax from ears.
Use one to two times a week according to the directions. I wouldn’t overdo it with this since there is alcohol in it. Using it too much will dry your dogs ears out and cause them to get flaky.
Price: Check Prices on Amazon
Average Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars*
Country: USA (Fort Worth, Texas)
Size: 8 oz.
54 601(Update:04-02-16) reviews from Amazon at the time of this review.
Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Ear Cleaner is used for cleaning on a regular basis. This is not used to treat ear infections. If you suspect your dog may have an infection, I’d recommend having a vet check it out first.
This ear wash for dogs can be used on dogs, cats, puppies, or kittens. Contains Salicylic acid 0.2%
- Anti-adhesive to prevent microbial organisms from sticking to ears
- Non-irritating, gentle and safe to use
- No alcohol or chlorhexidine
- Can be used on ears with otitis externa (which is inflammation of the outer ears)
- Formula cleans out ears and helps them to dry
- Does not sting or burn
- Pleasant smell, keeps odors away & pets ears smelling good too
- None that I could find…so far
- Update: 11-11-15:
- Looking again at the reviews on Amazon from other people I did find a few reviews with some saying it didn’t work for their dog as well as they thought.
- didn’t like the smell of the product
- one that mentioned it caused their dog’s ear to become dry and inflamed. But, this is only 6 out of 166 people…(at this time anyways).
- Update: 04-02-2016:
- Thought I’d check out to see what others are saying about Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced and here’s what I found now…
- A few users found it irritated their dog’s ears more and caused them to become itchy, red, and/or inflamed. However, there are also many more that seem to love it for their dogs 82% actually give it a 5-star rating.
I’d definitely recommend trying this one out anyways since the majority of dog owners appear to find this product to work. Not all dogs are the same, so there may be some it won’t work for…plus, it probably depends whether it was used correctly or not and how many times, and there also could be other factors such as the dog’s general health, skin sensitivity, allergies, etc.
*Again, I’m not a vet, so if you’re dog has health problems or is prone to allergies, I’d recommend checking with your vet before using ANY product.*
If you’d like to give it a try, you can order one here…
Think You Need medicated cleaning solutions for your dog? Don’t know how to clean your dog’s ears?
You might want to….
- Check out my Dog Ear Cleaning Solution post for product reviews on ear cleaners that will help get rid of the infection.
- *Please read all labels before use no matter which product as it may have further instructions!
- If you aren’t sure how to clean your dog’s ears or if your dog might have an infection, check out one of my earlier posts.
- I’d also keep an eye on how your dog’s ears are looking afterwards, some products work great for some dogs, but it may not work or cause irritation for others.
I’ll be adding more reviews shortly, and if you have any questions about these products or would like me to add a review of a certain dog-related product please let me know in the comment box below or fill out the contact form.
I’d be more than happy to hear from you!